Translate

Followers

About Me

My photo
Ohio
I have been stamping and scrapbooking for the past 10 years. It is my favorite hobby and I sure do miss it when life gets way too busy. I have 3 amazing children, and a wonderful, supportive husband.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Masculine Oldie!


Good Evening Everyone, I decided to wait until tonight to stamp...I REALLY needed to get my house clean! My least favorite thing in the world but with 3 kids home and all my wonderful animals..I have to clean more than normal. So today was the day to get "scrubbin"!!! My card I did today is for a friend of mine, she needed a card for her dad...so I thought the LSC226, challenge at Splitcoast Stampers worked perfect. We were to pick planes, trains, or automobiles and they had color choices and choice of embellies. I chose the brown and green combo and twine and hardware for embellies. This card is "Way out of my element" but I really liked how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak tonight!!
Here's the recipe
Misc. unmounted stamp from Inky Antics - I stamped in Momento Ink, stamped it twice cut it out to pop it up. I colored the image with copics, the wheels I did with gamsol and a black prisma pencil. The car accents I used gel pens.
I Inked the edges with Mellow Moss and used SU distressing tool
Mellow Moss Cardstock
Setiment from Darcies stamped in Chocolate Chip
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Chocolate Chip Cardstock
Outlaw Designer Paper from SU
SU Twine and Misc. Twine (thicker stuff)
Charm that was recieved from a SCS friend (Thanks so much Pat)

14 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great card! Super charm and use of twine. We were thinking similarly today, Crystal.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love the added twine Crystal, awesome job.

Ann said...

Oh, what a great guy card!

Dawn M said...

this came out great!!

Stef H said...

super, super, super! i love it.

hugs,

Fern said...

What a perfect card for a dad, Crystal. Great job using all of the elements... Love it...

Ali Dantre said...

Hi ya hun, fab Job on this card. your friend will adore it!
Simply stunning. Shhh but I dont like making male cards lol

Hugs
Lisa.xx

Allison said...

great image, he will love it love the twine
Have a good weekend
AllisonX

Unknown said...

Super nice card, Crystal! I am sure your friend will like it alot.
I know what you mean. It's hard when the kids are home.

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Crystal....this is just awesome! Your details and color combo!! Nicely done girl!! Very nice! :)

Hope you enjoy ur Saturday. I'm nursing the DH....he has been sooo sick....hopefully he will be feeling better soon. Take care!
TTYS
Hugs
Kimberly

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love this, Crystal! You colored that car so beautifully! :)

Beth said...

Wow, very nice! I love your coloring on this, Crystal!!

cardsandacuppa said...

Great mans card and I love the little charm :0)
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this!! Love that vintage image and the added twine is awesome!! TFS! :)