Translate

Followers

About Me

My photo
Ohio
I have been stamping and scrapbooking for the past 10 years. It is my favorite hobby and I sure do miss it when life gets way too busy. I have 3 amazing children, and a wonderful, supportive husband.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Special RAK Event

Good Evening Everyone, WOW its Thursday already!!! Days just seem to fly by...... is it because I am getting older??? LOL!! My daughter has a soccer tournament all weekend this weekend...We are spending the weekend in Columbus Ohio... so I am hoping to get one more post in before we head out. If not this will be my last one until Tuesday...



I wanted to share a NEW digital freebie being offered at Whimsy Stamps. Crissy Armstrong created this sassy froggy in honor of our DT member Lisa's sister Jayme, who sadly was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Lisa has a special RAK request posted on her blog now with a great prize up for grabs. If you're a card maker and want to brighten someones day, please make a card and send it off to Jayme!

You can visit the Whimsy Stamps store page to download this image or click HERE to go directly to the download. The file is a zip file so you will need to save it to your computer and then extract the files to be able to print and re size and flip the image.


I just had to make a card for Lisa's sister....this touches my heart and I just knew I needed to be a part of this RAK event....She loves frogs and this image is just sooo sweet!!! Please if you have a moment take the time to make Jayme a card....you can find all the details HERE.


Here is my card I created for Jayme.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope everyone enjoys their evening!!!

Here's The Recipe

  • Image - Whimsy Free Digital Image - Colored with Copics, cut out and popped up
  • Sentiment - PTI Sentiment stamped in Stazon Black Ink
  • Paper - Whisper White, DCWV Stack Cafe Mediterranean
  • Accessories - Martha Border Punch, Nesties, SU Ribbon, Making Memories Flowers, American Crafts Pearl Brads, SU Scallop Oval Punch

38 comments:

Stef H said...

oh she looks so much better than i do in a swimsuit!! she's fabulous!

hugs :)

Deb said...

it is so gorgeous Crystal, you coloured the frog perfectly and love the lacey border at the bottom, so pretty! hugs Debx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet card and image. I love the colors and papers. So sorry to hear about your friends sister. I hope the cards bring some comfort.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Oh, this is soooo fun! Love your color combo!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

OMG! Crystal this is adorable and precious!! I love the colors you used for this! Just fun and oh soooo FABULOUS! :) hehe!

I hope your have a great trip to Columbus. And I hope you have a fab holiday weekend. :) Me and the girls I work with are starting off the weekend with Sex and the City 2tomorrow after work. :) yay! I miss you honey and I hope we can talk soon. I love ya!!!

Big Holiday Hugs!
XXXXOOOOOO

1LuvnMama said...

All I gotta say is . . . ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Great job Crystal and good luck at the tournament this weekend! :) Safe travels!

Stacy Morgan said...

Isn't she a doll. Hee hee Very cute little frog card.

Country Mouse said...

Super cute card! Thanks for the link!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous Crystal Jayme will loove it, such a beautiful layout. Have a fantastic weekend, take careX:)

Marlene said...

Fantastic card! Jayme will love it, I'm sure.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Crystal what you did with this is amazing. This is so fun and whimsy, I just love it! Beth

Unknown said...

How totally adorable is this, Crystal! Love this! Great job with this card!

Shirl said...

Ooh, that's one sexy froggy! Love the colour combo you have on this card :)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Crystal :-) this image is adorable and I love the colours you used ,, very pretty :-) I am sure Jayme will love your card :-)

Congratulations ,, you won my Stamp Something Blog Hop Candy :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Annika said...

It's a wonderful card with a beautiful thought behind it. Love your colouring, it's fantastic!
Hugs
Annika

Grace said...

Adorble image and I know she will love it!!! Hope the tourney goes well! Have fun!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Crystal! What an awesome job you did with this sassy frog. She looks fantastic. This card would bring a smile to anyone's face. So sorry to hear about Jayme.

Hugs :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantastically fun card, Crystal. Your coloring expertise always is jaw dropping! Well done.

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee I love her, FABULOUS!!

Wendy said...

Super card Crystal!!! With hubs out oF town this week, I can make a card. Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

Cheryl said...

Oh my! This is so cute! This will definitely bring a smile to her face.

Deb Neerman said...

Awww, this is toooooo stinkin' cute, Crystal! Love this fab image and the great color combination ... not to mention that wonderful DP!!

Hope you have a terrific holiday weekend, Sweetie!! Sending hugs!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is adorable, Crystal...what awesome coloring on that adorable image and such great details!!! I'm sooo sorry to hear about your friends sister...she will love this super cute card!!! Have a great time at the soccer tournament...hope you DD's team wins!!!

Kerri said...

What a beautiful card for Jayme, Crystal! This will definitely brighten her day! You made that adorable frog look absolutely fabulous!!! Have a great weekend!

Jodi said...

You have created a very pretty card for her and I love these pretty colors and papers you chose too!! I've got to get a card done for her too!!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Carin McDonough said...

Wow, gorgeous card, I love the colour combination! :)

Kimmi said...

This is beautiful. I love the colours and the frog is fab! I've seen lots of ladies making cards for Jayme, such a sad time for her and her family :o( I hope all the cards she receives brings a ray of light to her life.

Hugs

Kimmi x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

What an adorable frog. I will definitely get a card made. Thanks for passing on the word!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. She will love it. What a wonderful card to send to her.. Have a great weekend...hugs.

Heike's Creativeplace said...

This is so cute Crystal, wonderful creation and sweet image. The colors and Details are lovely.

Big Hugs
Heike

Mephisto said...

Wow, what a sweet image. Great card with it!

Hugs
Domi

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous and fun card Crystal. How sweet and thoughtful to create a card for Jayme. It's always nice to create something that would make other smile. Sure she will when she receive your card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Crystal I'm sure Jayme will love it,Hugs Debbie x

WILMA said...

This is gorgeous Crystal! Perfectly coloured!
Love
Wilma

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME Crystal! LOVE this image and your coloring and layout are FAB! Hope you have a FAB weekend!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a fabulous froggy, and gorgeous colours too! Jayne's gonna love it!
:o)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Love the image! Beautiful card. She'll appreciate it very much!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Crystal, thank you so much for being the first to comment on my posts each time! You are amazing and I so appreciate you stopping by. I love what you did with this sweet froggy and I'm sure Jayme will love it! I hope I'm not too late to make one too!
TFS
hugs,
Charlotte
XXX