Translate

Followers

About Me

My photo
Ohio
I have been stamping and scrapbooking for the past 10 years. It is my favorite hobby and I sure do miss it when life gets way too busy. I have 3 amazing children, and a wonderful, supportive husband.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good Luck on your First Day of School!

Good Morning Everyone, Happy Tuesday!! Its time for another fun Going Grey with ScrapCreations Challenge. This week we are going BACK TO SCHOOL and of course to use Basic Grey!


For my creation today I used this fabulous NEW digital image by Whimsy Stamps in the Meljens Digital Collection. This cute mouse is called PenPal Mouse...EEEK I just LOVE him!!! I also used the fabulous Basic Grey Paper Basics Kraft and the wonderful blue is from the paper pad Marrakech. I made an A2 size card. I used these cool apple wood embellishments and some fun paperclips for something extra. I decided to make this a GOOD LUCK on your first day of school card. Hope you enjoy my creation today!!


For more inspiration on this challenge please visit my lovely dt sisters.........

Kristen
Kim
Mary
Peggy
Lori
Jackie

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!

Here's The Recipe

  • Image - Whimsy Stamps colored with copics cut out and popped up
  • Sentiment - Whimsy Stamps
  • Paper - Whisper White, Basic Grey DP
  • Accessories - Sewing Machine, Paper clips, Marvy Circle Punches, Wooden Apples


35 comments:

tilly said...

this cute little mouse has made up into a really fun card,would brighten any childs first day at school!
Tilly x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is darling Crystal!! I just love all your coloring and details!! The colors, paperclips, dp and image are perfect gf!!
hugs
Chris

Carolyn said...

What a great card! The colors are perfect and that's the cutest little mouse. School already...ugh!

Basement Stamper said...

pen pal mouse is adorable and you did a fab job coloring him!

Maria Matter said...

eek a mouse, but he's so darn cute! lol Beautiful card Crystal!!! love the clips...very creative!
enjoy your day!
hugs & blessings!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is a perfectly sweet back to school card! Love your paper clip embellies! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So SWEET, he makes me smile.

Angelwood said...

Toooo cute! Awesome design and embellishing. Love your coloring on this cute image too! Great dp! hugs, Angela

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW sooooo darn cute Crystal!!! What a great idea and design!!! Hugs ~S~

Anneke said...

Penpal mouse is so fun to use :)
Your card is beautiful!!!!
Hugs Anneke

Grace said...

Oh Crystal this is just too cute! Love this sweet image and it's perfect for a first day of school card! Your coloring is always gorgeous and you have just the right details!!!

Kerri said...

This is so sweet, Crystal! I just love that image, and the paper and embellies you used are just PERFECT!!! Super cute:)

Stef H said...

oh he can carry my pencil anytime! super, super cute!!!

hugs :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. I should make some of these for my kids. TFS.

Debbie said...

This is so cute crystal Love the added apples,Hugs Debbie x

Silvie Z said...

This is such a fun card, Crystal! Darling image and great layout! Love all the stitching around and the clips, it looks great!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Allison Rankin said...

So fun! I love the lined paper look and the apple placement!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

So sweet. A lovely thought.
Hugs
Tanya

Sue said...

Hi Crystal
aww gorgeous card, lovely cute image, fabby papers hun, sue,x

Jodi Collins said...

Oh! This is SO cute Crystal! LOVE the colors and images, and the paper clips are SUCH a fun accent!

Monique said...

Love this card... that little mouse is so cute.. love the apples, the stitching is great and the paper clips are a perfect added touch..

Tanya S said...

That mouse is soooo cute.I just love that stitching detail!!Great card hun!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a cute card.
Perfect for male or female xx

Danni said...

Oh my is this ever cute!! Fabulous job!

Tammy said...

Awwww that little mouse is so cute Crystal!! I love the Kraft & blue color combo and the wooden apples are a perfect touch!!

Tracy said...

I always love your creations, they are always fun and nearly always bright, and this definately has the fun factor, the mouse is so cute and the design of the card is fab.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lynsey said...

Ahh this is so cute and perfect for first day at school!! Lynsey x

Christine Riley said...

Oh my goodness, this is too sweet! Love that little image and all the details you added. Perfect!
Hugs, Christine

Sabrina Jackson said...

Crystal, this is so darn cute!!! I wish I would have seen this like 3 weeks ago when school started here ;D. This is so fun and those paper clips are such a cool touch!! Love it!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Kimmarie Baker said...

I love this card. He is so cute. Another month before school starts here...

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable, the paper clips are a great touch.

Jackie Randolph said...

EEEk!! this ADORABLE!!!!!
One FABBY Back to School creation!!!

Lorie said...

Aww...how adorable!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely fabulous card Crystal

Hugs
Lorraine x

Peggy said...

I love this stamp! You did such a great job with it! Great card.